Hi lovebugs! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I received my New Beauty Test Tube a few weeks ago and have been using the products since then, so I would like to share them with you all. I also received 2 more since my first New Beauty Test Tube in February; I haven’t posted about them because I received them when I was in makeup school at Makeup Designory and was very busy. I will be sure to post about those products as soon as I return back to Manhattan though (I am currently in Long Island at my parents house). Now lets get to my review of these amazing products!
What’s in July’s NewBeauty Test Tube:
1. Lauren Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle Hues Advanced Primer & Eyeshadow in Mauve Majesty – I really like this product. It doesn’t fade when you go outside and sweat sweat in the sun and the matte finish is really great. Matte eyeshadows are wonderful, especially for women who have any thin lines or wrinkles, because it doesn’t make you appear aged (which can happen often when wearing shimmery/sparkly eyeshadows). The only thing I wasn’t completely thrilled with was the color. Personally, the mauve made my eyes look like they had a rash or something. I would use this particular shade as a primer under my eyeshadow, but if I had a different color, I would use this product often by itself. It’s especially great to wear on the beach if you wan’t to wear subtle makeup.
2. Smileactives Tooth Whitening Pen – I’ve been using this product since I received my test tube, but I have not been using it every day or more than once a day, which you are supposed to do if you want real results. I have noticed a slight difference in the color of my teeth though, but I will give this a better review once I use this more often (if I see great results that is). It’s easy to apply though! I dry my teeth first and then apply the whitening pen and I keep my mouth open (and smile) for 30-60 seconds to let the product sink in and dry. After, I avoid eating and drinking for at least 30 minutes, because that is what the directions tell you to do. Unlike other whitening products, this one has not irritated my teeth and mine are fairly sensitive.
3. Dove Advanced Hair Series Oxygen Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner – I have definitely noticed a difference whenever I use this shampoo and conditioner; my hair appears thicker and has more volume, and my natural wavy hair has a prettier wave to it! My only complaint is that while the shampoo/conditioner smell great, I noticed that the smell didn’t last when my hair was dry. After I went swimming I used these products and my hair still smelled like chlorine, so I wasn’t thrilled about that. If you like a product that doesn’t leave your hair smelling like it once it’s dry, or if you only care about getting voluminous hair but don’t mind that it won’t smell like anything, then this product is for you.
4. Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser – I am not sure if my skin appears any “younger” after using this product, however I love it! My face feels so clean after I wash it with this cleanser, and I do feel like my skin has been under control since I started using it. My skin also looks more radiant and refreshed. I really am a fan of this cleanser and I will be purchasing a bottle as soon as this one runs out.
5. Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel – I have not been using this religiously, but the nights that I have gone to bed late I have used it and my eyes were not extremely puffy in the morning. This product is supposed to absorb while you sleep so you look refreshed in the morning, and it is also supposed to firm and smooth skin around the eyes so that they appear more youthful and well rested. While I won’t be running to the store to purchase this any time soon, it is worth a try if you have puffy eyes every morning or want a product that will smooth out lines around your eyes a little.
6. Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting Cream – I love this CC cream! It made my skin look smoother and it had great and even coverage. This product is great to use instead of your foundation, especially if you are on the beach and want to have some coverage. What really makes it amazing it it’s SPF 20 so it helps protect your face from sun damage. Unfortunately, the shade I received was the “light” and because my body is so tan the color made my face appear extremely ghostly! I would need the medium shade in this product. Other than that though, it is really amazing.
7. Biosilk Color Therapy Lock and Protect – my hair looks and feels shiny and healthy after using this! I don’t use it during the day before I go out tanning though, because I don’t want my hair to stay this color. I want it to get lighter from the sun so I use this after tanning and after a shower. If my hair ends up getting too light though, I will start using it before I lay outside! This product is supposed to be used on damp hair so I apply it a few minutes after a shower and my hair feels rich and smooth, and it also smells really nice.
I hope these reviews are helpful. If anyone runs out to try some of these products, I would love to hear your feedback! Be sure to subscribe to New Beauty Magazine if you want to keep up to date on the latest and best beauty products. A membership for New Beauty Test Tubes includes a subscription to NewBeauty magazine, so if you want to receive samples of amazing products every few months then you can sign up at http://testtube.newbeauty.com/ ! Each test tube is $29.95 and you receive $60 or more worth of products. I think it’s definitely worth it!
Please be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Glamvasion, like my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/glamvasion and subscribe to my blog via email! Xo 🙂