Hi ladies! So, you have already applied your foundation, blush, bronzer, etc. and saved your eyes for last. After applying your eyeshadow, you realize it is all over your cheeks! So what now? You have to clean it off with makeup remover or face wash, and reapply your foundation and other face makeup. I think that is just annoying and frustrating, don’t you? I would love to share a few tricks to prevent this from happening!
Tricks to Prevent Eyeshadow Fallout:
1. This is the most obvious one, but an option is to apply your eye makeup first, clean the mess up, and apply your face makeup last. I prefer saving my eyes for last though, but if you don’t mind doing your eyes first, then this is always a good and simple option.
2. Hold a tissue under your eye while applying eyeshadow.
3. Purchase Shadow Shields. I came across them at CVS and am hooked on them because it’s an easy solution! E.l.f Cosmetics makes a shadow shield, Eye Boutique makes them and you can find these at any local drug store, or you can purchase a shadow shield from Beauty.com.
4. If you want to save money, you can use a post-it! I am sure everyone has post-its lying around the house, so put the sticky part under your eye and bend the bottom of it so that the eyeshadow will fall onto it.
5. Use cream or liquid eyeshadow. Eyeshadow fallout only really occurs with powder eyeshadow’s, so cream or liquid shadows are always a great option!
6. Many people have said that you can apply a thick layer of loose powder under your eyes, which catches the fallout, and then brush it away after, but I have not tried this option yet so I am not sure how successful it is. I will try it though for sure!
I hope this is helpful the next time you are applying a powder eyeshadow! What are your tricks to prevent eyeshadow fallout? I would love to hear below in your comments!
If you like what you see please be sure to follow my blog via email, and follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Glamvasion !! 🙂 Xo ❤