Hello pretty ladies! A few days ago I shared a picture of Coco Rocha from Harpers Bazaar on my Facebook page, Facebook.com/glamvasion. The post was a huge hit, because the picture of Coco Rocha is just unbelievable. Her cat eye is fabulous, and the bold lip is so chic! I’m really obsessed with this look, to say the least.
It truly inspired me, so I wanted to recreate it and show a step by step in pictures! I have been researching how to get the perfect cat eye for a while, and I liked Harpers Bazaar’s “how to”. According to Bazaar, you should first use a soft black eyeliner pencil to create the shape. You start from the inner lash line to the outer corner and lift the line upward. Following that you draw on top of that line, with a marker type of liner, to create more definition. Let’s take a closer look at how to do this!
- Apply eyeshadow primer. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion.
- Apply a white shimmery eyeshadow to eyelids. I used Albatross from Nars.
- Apply the same shade from step 2 to the inner corner of eyelids.
- Apply a neutral/light brown color in the crease of the eye. I used the color shown in the photo from my BH Cosmetics 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette 1st Edition.
- Apply a white shimmery eyeshadow (can be the same from steps 2 and 3) to your brow bone as a highlighter. I used Albatross for my highlight.
- To create a perfect line, use either a business card or your primer as I did. I put one end at the outer corner of my eye, and the other end at the end of my eyebrow. If your eyebrows are both almost symmetrical, then your eyeliner will be symmetrical as well.
- Once you have lined up your business card (or primer container, or anything than can produce a straight line), draw in a thin line with an eyeliner pencil. I used Chanel Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil Noir.
- Trace over that line, and line your entire upper lash line, with a marker-like liquid liner. I used my BH Liquid Eyeliner.
- Apply a white eyeliner pencil to your lower waterline to make your eyes pop. I used Albatross because I misplaced my white eyeliner.
- Curl lashes. I used Billy B Beauty’s Eyelash Curler.
- Apply lash primer. I used Tarte MultiplEYE-prime.
- Apply Mascara. I used Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara by Tarte!
More Products: (The products used above were all of the products that I used on my eyes.)
Face- I applied Dior Glow Maximizer Light Boosting Primer, followed by my foundation, Studio Skin Oil Free in 2.1 light beige from Smashbox. Following that I applied Corrector by Bobbi Brown in Porcelain Bisque under my eyes. Then I used Prep + Prime Highlighter in light boost from Mac Cosmetics to highlight my nose, chin, forehead, and under my eyes. I used Los Cabos Matte Bronzing Powder from Sephora to contour cheeks and nose. I used Albatross from Nars as a highlighter above cheeks, and for an extra shimmer I added Elf Body Shimmer Mystic Moonlight. I then applied my blush, Illamasqua cream blush, in Rude. I used Brow Bar To Go by Whitening Lightening on my eyebrows.
Lips- I lined my lips with Trust in Red Pro Longwear Lip Pencil from Mac Cosmetics and applied my lipstick mixing Cle de Peau Beaute Extra Rich Lipstick Satin & Holder #311 and Anna Sui Lip Rouge V 460.
Hope you all found this helpful!! If you would like to see more picture how to’s like this, let me know in your comments! Xo