Hi beauties!! I am so sorry that I haven’t posted in a few days!! My wonderful cousin Maria, who lives in NJ, was visiting me this weekend! We had so much fun; we saw The Fray in concert (they were fantastic) and have been going to great restaurants and just enjoying each others company. Last night we saw The Wolf of Wall street, which was actually filmed just 20 minutes away from my house, which is crazy. The movie was awesome, if you haven’t seen it yet I recommend it! Although, don’t see it with your parents..there is a lot of nudity and seeing that with a parent may get pretty embarrassing!
Now, onto the awards!! I am truly honored, I have been nominated for my first Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Jules, as well as my first Shine On Award by the lovely Susana. If you don’t know these beautiful bloggers, check out their pages! They are both amazing and I love reading their daily posts.
To quote Jules,
- Display the award certificate.
- Announce your win and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 13 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in this post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
To quote Susana,
If you would like to accept and forward the award on, the “Shine On” Award rules are:
- Display the award logo to your blog.
- Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and happily pass on this award, making sure to link their blog into your post.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
Since both of these awards say to post 7 interesting things about yourself, I am going to put them both together and list 14 interesting things about myself!
14 “Interesting” Facts About Me:
- I was born with red hair and blue eyes…my hair turned brown a year later and unfortunately my eyes turned hazel; I wish they were still blue!
- I could eat chocolate all day, every day! Yum =]
- I am extremely afraid of bees. When I see them a few feet away I run like a crazy person.
- I like just about every genre of music. Pop and dance are my favorite, but I listen to just about everything.
- I have seen the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway more than 10 times and could probably do the play on my own by heart!
- I color my hair a lot. It has been blonde, jet-black, caramel, brown, and red (but not Ariel the mermaid red but that will happen some day).
- I don’t eat salad; I gag every time I try. 😦
- I am still a child at heart. I love Disney World and all Disney movies. Last month I watched Peter Pan (cartoon) at least 4 times, as well as Hook and Peter Pan (the non cartoon version with Jeremy Sumpter).
- I visit Greece every summer (I am Greek) and my parents have a summer house there in an amazing village called Marathias, which is close to Nafpaktos and it is a 3 hour drive from Athens. Every time I go there I never want to come back home.
- I traveled to London for my 21st birthday and I am certain that in the future I will live there, at least for a year. I fell in love with London. When I went it didn’t even rain often, the people were so friendly, and the towns were just so pretty. I also would love to marry a guy with a British accent.
- I used to speak French in high school. I was in the accelerated class and knew quite a bit, but it has been years since I have spoken it and I have forgotten almost everything that I learned. It’s very disappointing!
- As I said it my previous post about the Liebster Award, I am a nerd. What I forgot to add was that I like to read comic books from time to time. Birds of Prey Vol. 1 Trouble in Mind was great and has Poison Ivy in it, except she is one of the good guys now! I love Poison Ivy, and I dressed up as her for Comic Con 2012. You can see some pictures under my costumes page!
- I love making and wearing costumes. As stated above, I was Poison Ivy. I made the costume by myself; I spent days and hours gluing faux ivy leaves to a green corset. I have also been the Black Swan (the makeup for that costume was so much fun to work on) and Slave [Princess] Leia. I have no idea what I should dress as for Comic Con/Halloween this year!!
- I buy too much makeup. My vanity is overflowing with it and there’s makeup just everywhere. On top of my vanity, on top of my dresser, on my desk, in the bathroom…I just can’t get enough!!
Nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Nina Fashion Life
- Little Pretty Mess
- Amuleta Beauty
- Your Personal Shopper Journal
- Miss Ayo Dele
- Style Breakdown
- The Talking Pencil
- The Beautiful Masque
- The Makeup Bulletin
- Coastal Confidence
- Hilary Abrahamson
- Tasha’s Face
Nominees for the Shine On Award:
- S.A. Deveraux
- Liz Skincare & Beauty
- Fashion Stylist | MB
- Ginger Loves Makeup
- Caryl Almelor
- The Fashion Huntress
- Little Bit Soph
- Makeup Your Mind
- A Blonde’s World
- Fashion Is All That
- Fashion Frenzy
- The Makeup Affair
- Genelle’s Beauty Diary
- Kiss & Make-up Beauty Blog
- Emily Burrows
Thanks everyone, I hope you enjoyed my 14 random facts about me and stay tuned for a post later today! XO ❤