I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Nina from NinaFashionLife, and I am so flattered and honored! Thank you Nina!! Check out Nina’s amazing fashion/beauty blog!
So this is actually my first Liebster Award and I have seen these posts all over several blogs but I was not sure about the specifics so I did a little research! This award is given to support and recognize new bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and to help welcome them to the world of blogging. Let’s expand our “blogosphere’s” community and pass this award along everyone! 🙂
The official rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award (AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT), write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer, and list them in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it, like me!)
11 Random Facts About Me, Emily:
1. I went to LIM College, a fashion school in NYC. I realized makeup is my true passion sometime during school, but wasn’t sure if I wanted to pursue it until recently.
2. I interned for Michael Kors 3 times; he is SO amazing and I love his clothes. I was lucky enough to meet him once when I was in the 6th grade, and last year!
5. I am Greek American and proud (but unfortunately I do not speak Greek, I need to work on that…).
6. While beauty and fashion are my “thing” I can also act and sing, I used to get the leads in the school plays back in the day but gave it up because it was too difficult for me to multitask between doing well in school and rehearsing.
7. I LOVE working out. For about 2 years I lost too much weight (stress from school/went through a phase) but now I’m all about trying to stay healthy and getting more muscular! It’s always best to work with what you’re born with and just realize everyone is different 🙂
8. I am 5’4 and one of the shortest girls in my family. Other than me and my cousin Maria, the rest of my cousins are between 5’7-6’0. For the most part the women in my family are amazons but me and Maria are tiny and proud 😛 ❤ Shout out to my fellow shorties!!
9. I am attending MUD (Makeup Designory) in NYC starting this April!! I am taking their multimedia program and I am so excited to become a professional makeup artist. This is truly where my passion lies above anything else.
10. I have 7 piercings. A belly ring and 3 earrings on each ear! (I never realized how many I have haha).
11. I am a closet nerd. While I love fashion and makeup I also enjoy playing video games (Halo for Xbox is just the best..), I am crazy about the Big Bang Theory and understand most of the nerdy humor, I’m a huge Star Wars fan, and I attend Comic Con in NYC and I am proud of it!!!
1. What is the scariest thing you ever done?
Bungee jumping at Six Flags Great Adventure. I really would like to go skydiving though.
2. Who is one person, dead or alive that you would love to meet and why?
This is tough because there are so many people I would love to meet but.. right now I am going to have to say Ian Somerhalder. I am obsessed with him as Damon on the Vampire Diaries (love that show and I love vampires) and I also think he is one of the most handsome men alive.
3. What is the first thing you notice about people when you meet them for the first time?
When I first meet someone the first thing that I notice is whether or not they make eye contact. It says a lot about a person in my opinion. Not making eye contact can show that they are not interested, are perhaps insecure and/or nervous, or are hiding something. I also notice their eye color of course, eyes stand out to me!
4. What is one of your really bad habits?
For a while, it was drinking. It doesn’t agree with my body and after so many years I have finally realized this so I have decided to only stick to wine from now on and stay away from hard liquor, at least until I can learn moderation!
5. What is your greatest accomplishment thus far?
Getting on the Presidents list in college, and also finally realizing what I am truly passionate about (makeup) so I can get my life started!
6. If you are running late and you can only put make up on one facial feature, what would it be? Eyebrows, Eyes, Lips or Foundation on your face? Red lipstick for sure. Even when I have just about no makeup on, I feel like red lips always make me feel more confident.
7. What is your all time go to fragrance? Oh boy!! Here is one of my biggest secrets that everyone who has met me has been dying to hear!!! My all time go to fragrance is Vanille West Indies by Ligne St. Barth. My mom bought it for me when she was in Mykonos, Greece. The scent of vanilla is intoxicating and just delicious. Everywhere I go people ask me for the name of my perfume and I love it because of the smell and also because no one I know has it! I used to wear Pink Sugar until I found this amazing perfume.
8. Are you high maintenance?
I always tell people “ I don’t spend hours getting ready because I am high maintenance, I spend hours getting ready because doing my makeup makes me happy and relaxes me!” but to many people it would be seen as high maintenance so I suppose the answer is yes.
9. If you could change your first name, what would it be?
Definitely Kylie. I don’t know why, but I love that name and if (or when) I have a daughter, that is what I will name her! Well.. either Kylie or Kayla, we will see.
10. What is your biggest insecurity when it comes to your body?
My thighs!!! They are muscular now but even without muscle they are not skinny. The only time they were skinny was when I was 100 pounds and super unhealthy, but my thighs at least looked good back then but.. work with what you’ve got and be happy because nobody’s perfect!
Here are my nominees and my questions for them:
- Kate’s Beauty Book
- Pretty Trippy
- Miz Shaaz
- Meredith Piper
- Beauty and the Tomboy
- Britters Blog
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite magazine?
- What is the most exciting thing that you have done in the past 5 years?
- If you could be anybody else for a week, who would you want to be and why?
- Where do you want to live when you are a bit older and established (if you aren’t already)?
- If you had to choose, what is your favorite item (bag, dress, shoes, etc.) in your closet?
- What beauty item are you lusting for?!
- What is your hidden talent that few people know about?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- How would you describe your personality (shy, impulsive, silly, sweet, life of the party, etc.)?
- What is your favorite animal?!