Hi darlings, today we are going to talk about brushes! I have many favorites. The brands I have the most brushes from are M.A.C. Cosmetics and Bobbi Brown. I am definitely going to purchase more brushes in the near future from The Wayne Goss Collection because I have been obsessed with them ever since I tried them out! They are just so soft and really get the job done. I love Bobbi Brown’s brushes because on every brush it says what you should use it for, so when you purchase a new brush, you never forget what its specific purpose is. When I first started doing makeup years ago, I bought brushes and often forgot what I needed to use them for, and then my moms best friend bought me my first few Bobbi Brown brushes and I became hooked. Of course, M.A.C. Cosmetics has awesome brushes as well, and they have a great selection. All I need to do now is expand on my Wayne Goss Collection, and then I will really know which brushes are the best!
- Kevyn Aucoin Lip Brush- I love this brush because it has a retractable head so it’s super easy and you can put it in your purse without having to worry about lipstick getting all over the place!
- Wayne Goss 08– use this for thin/precise liner application as well as on eyebrows.
- Wayne Goss 03- use this for the crease of your eyes.
- Bobbi Brown Eye Smudge- great for smudging liner or shadow, as well as for creating the perfect smokey eye.
- Bobbi Brown Angle Eye Shadow- This is my favorite brush to use when I apply my shadow to my entire eyelid. It makes a better shape because of the angle. It’s also a perfect brush for applying shadow in the corner of your eye.
- Bobbi Brown Eye Brow- Makes eye brow application very natural.
Face: (brushes shown at top of page)
- Mac 214– I use this brush to contour my nose and eyes, the shape of the brush makes great straight lines.
- Mac 224- I use this to blend the contour on my nose and eyes, but it can also be used to blend eye shadows.
- Urban Decay Optical Blurring– I apply my foundation with this. It blends in everything without any lines at all! This is the best foundation brush that I have used so far.
- Bobbi Brown Face Blender– I apply my powder with this to set my foundation/contour.
- Bobbi Brown Bronzer
- Mac 188- I use this brush to blend in my highlight on my nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin.
- Mac 109- I use this to contour my cheekbones, forehead, and jaw.
- Bobbi Brown Foundation- I don’t use this for foundation, I actually use it to apply my illuminator to my nose and above my cheekbones.
- Sephora Angled Natural Blush 131- I use this to apply my blush and it’s really great. Unfortunately, it is no longer available but a good alternative would be SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Angled Blush Brush #49.
- Bobbi Brown Concealer
- Mac 212- I use this to apply concealer/highlight my nose and under eyes.
Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser – I use this product to clean my brushes once a week. This formula is designed to remove makeup and residue carefully without causing damage to your brushes. Bobbi Brown shared one of her tips on her website “When drying brushes, lay them flat with brush heads hanging over the edge of a table or counter.” I follow this tip every time I wash my brushes, and mine have stayed in great condition!
Although I clean my brushes with the Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser, Beautylish had an amazing article from October 2013, “How to Clean YourMakeup Brushes“. Everyone has a different method, but if you’re interested, check it out! It is definitely a great read. XO ❤